Sonic Academy welcomes Cubase guru Protoculture as he checks out some of the new features in Steinberg’s latest release of Cubase 10.
New Features Include:
* VariAudio 3 – Ultimate control of your audio, with more creative tools and Smart Controls to speed workflow.
* MixConsole Snapshots – Instantly recall different project mixes and settings to quickly compare mixes and add mix notes.
* Audio Alignment – Stack and match recordings quickly, easily synchronising them to a reference track.
* New channel strip – Redesigned Channel Strip offers better metering and functionality.
* Easy side-chaining – Quickly and easily set up side-chaining to make space in mixes or create distinctive effects.
* Groove Agent SE 5 – A new user interface and many improvements to the best drum production tool.
* 5 GB of high-quality sounds and loops – From six highly acclaimed producers.
* AAF support – Lets you exchange multimedia data with all the most commonly used applications.
* Distroyer – Adds everything from subtle analog warmth to searing heat for mixes and individual instruments.
* Latency Monitor – Lets you quickly and easily know exactly where — and how much — latency is occurring.
* Steinberg Virtual Reality – VR production suite adds a suite of professional yet intuitive virtual reality audio production tools.
There’s a host of other new features too which we’ll no doubt be delving into more with up and coming tutorials and tech tips but in this First Look we get a quick lowdown of some of Protoculture’s favourites!